It is completely understandable if a business owner, manager, or entrepreneur is worried about how to get followers on Pinterest. Pinterest was also recently ranked as the number one shopping platform among millennials makes the platform even more enticing.
Paying more attention to Pinterest means a business could get more traffic, become a niche authority, gain more email subscribers, and increase revenue in the process.
In the article, we’d be showing you the best methods to get more followers on Pinterest.
6 Steps to Getting More Pinterest Followers
1. Post Original and Fresh content consistently
There are fewer platforms that focus on originality as much as Pinterest does. When pinners come online, they are mainly on the lookout for products, inspiration, or new ideas. Your pins have to be original and fresh to attract attention.
Avoid the use of clichés and standard stock photos. If you can also highlight the elements of originality or newness on your pins, it will be great. Unlike other platforms, content reach on Pinterest accumulates over a longer time frame. When you publish your content more consistently over consecutive days and months, you stand a better chance of growing an engaged audience.
2. Make your Content Visually Appealing
Statistics show that the best-performing pins on Pinterest are actionable, interesting, and most importantly, visually appealing. As Pinterest is mainly a visual platform, you just have to use beautiful and attractive images.
We have several tips for you that might be useful:
- Short videos are known to stand out on Pinterest. Check how to stand out on Pinterest to get a better idea!
- Images shouldn’t be too long as Pinterest will cut them off. Remember that the ideal aspect ratio is 2:3 (600px wide x 900px high).
- Images should be in high-resolution and high quality.
- You shouldn’t use images that appear too busy.
- According to Pinterest, lifestyle images are more enticing than the standard ones.
- According to statistics, at least 85% of Pinterest users use the platform on their mobile, so horizontal photos may not be best. Use vertically-oriented ones as much as you can.
3. Join Tribes and Groups related to your niche
Look up the top Pinterest groups for the category your business falls under, and ask to become a member and contribute. Sometimes, the administrators of these groups provide instructions on the scopes of joining, in the group’s descriptions. You can contact the administrators directly through the email if you don’t find these instructions. You can find the administrator under the group’s followers.
4. Stay Active
When you start making friends with the smart feed on Pinterest, you get closer to your goals. Followers will flock to you if you can outsmart the ‘smart’ feed.
If you can stay active on Pinterest, engaging your followers steadily, repining, and posting original and fresh content, your Pinterest ranking will be solidified in no time.
- Check out some of these good tips to be implemented:
- If a relevant ‘Board to Follow’ appears on your feed, follow them.
- Other people’s pins should be repinned manually by you.
- Re-pin from the ‘Trending’ and ‘Explore’ pages.
- Constantly pin manually.
5. Create your own Pinterest board
Joining group boards may not be enough. You should create yours if you can. When you do, remember to name it thoughtfully.
- You can also optimize your boards for search. Ensure that the names you choose are specific and explain their contents with accuracy. The board’s descriptions and keywords should be appropriate, with proper hashtags added to the descriptions.
- Next step will be organizing your board into sections. This feature was recently added by Pinterest, so you may as well utilize it and enjoy it. If your niche or category is as expansive as something like ‘Furniture,’ you should separate your content into categories such as ‘room furniture,’ ‘kitchen furniture,’ ‘bathroom furniture,’ etc.
Your brand gains credibility when you do this. Prospective followers will also be able to browse through your content without fuss. We would like to reiterate that you try and be descriptive, and make use of languages that are rich in keywords for your sections. Take a look at these examples.
6. Use your Blog to attract more followers with Pop-Ups or CTA
If you have a blog, you should attach a link to your Pinterest account on it. A call to action that says “Hey, glad you liked the content on my blog, kindly follow me on Pinterest for more” will do the trick.
Ensure that the content on your blog is equally as attractive as what you have on your Pinterest.
Like with most things, getting more followers on Pinterest may seem like an impossible thing to understand or implement, but it is not. With time, you start to get the whole process.
We have said the umpteenth time now, every business needs to grow its Pinterest following to succeed. However, your overall social media presence should not be overlooked. Work on growing your following on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram as well.