Are you looking for strategies to make your account popular on TikTok? It is the ultimate secret to becoming viral on TikTok in no time! TikTok has over 65.9 million users in the US alone. Such explains why it’s so challenging to get viral on TikTok, especially when you are just starting. Being one of the fastest growing social media networks, getting popular on TikTok is essential to making your brand recognized by the target audiences. That is why you need to have a comprehensive TikTok hashtag strategy included in your content creation plan.
Today, let’s discuss the importance of having a TikTok hashtag strategy, the steps to build a TikTok hashtag strategy for your account, and the best hashtags you can use this 2022 for your TikTok posts!
Why Should You Use TikTok Hashtags?
Like any other social media platform, TikTok has the same norm of using hashtags to get your content visible across the audiences. Anyone looking to create content on any topic can find multiple hashtags relevant to their niche. There are tons of benefits to using hashtags on TikTok.
- It helps your content reach the right people based on interests.
- An effective strategy to find and grow organic followers.
- Be more visible and expand the engagement rate.
- Able to identify your competitors and get significant content inspiration
What Does it Mean to Have a TikTok Hashtag Strategy?
A TikTok hashtag strategy is simply a conscious and calculated approach to choosing hashtags designed to boost your content’s visibility to the right audiences. The most crucial requirement to creating a successful TikTok hashtag strategy starts with defining your goals.
- Who are your target audiences?
- What do you want them to do when they see your video? (Share, Follow your account, Visit your website or Create a duet)
- Are you to target macro audiences for maximum exposure or target a specific audience base?
- What are the fundamental interests of your target audiences?
Answering these questions will help you understand the correct type of hashtags you should focus on for your TikTok content. When you know your target audiences and the end goal of your TikTok content creation journey, you can find suitable hashtags that will go best with your content and bring your efforts to fruition.
What Hashtags To Use on TikTok in 2022
Tiktok hashtags keep changing based on trends. We have accumulated a list of the top 20 hashtags you can use for your content in 2022. Let’s discover them together.
- #storytime (100+ billion views)
- #couplegoals (100+ billion views)
- #challenge (100+ billion views)
- #music (100+ billion views)
- #cute (200+ billion views)
- #makeup (200+ billion views)
- #LearnOnTikTok (200+ billion views)
- #prank (200+ billion views)
- #food (200+ billion views)
- #greenscreenvideo (200+ billion views)
- #explore (200+ billion views)
- #bts (200+ billion views)
- #meme (300 billion+ views)
- #dance (300+ billion views)
- #stitch (600+ billion views)
- #love (600+ billion views)
- #comedy (1+ trillion views)
- #anime (700+ billion views)
- #funny (1+ trillion views)
- #trending (1+ trillion views)
Finding TikTok Hashtags
If you are new to TikTok, finding the right hashtag mays seem overwhelming, considering the massive number of posts entering the platform each day. Researching for your TikTok hashtags is the only way to find the best performing hashtags in your niche. Here are a few great ways you can find hashtags for your branded content on TikTok.
1. Analyze Similar Industry Content
The most common way to find relevant hashtags for your account is to analyze similar industry content on TikTok. Even though this process is highly time-consuming, it is one of the ideal ways to find the correct hashtags as you browse the app and scroll through the content of your niche. Sometimes you may even stumble upon some less popular yet relevant hashtags for your niche, which can benefit your content.
2. See Competitors’ Hashtags
Competition strategy analysis has been a standard step in every marketing venture. Looking at the hashtags of your competitor will help you understand the type of hashtags usually searched by your niche audiences. It will give you a fresh dose of content creation ideas as you browse through their content. Thus, keep an eye on what your competitors on TikTok are doing but don’t just rely on them entirely for your TikTok hashtag strategy.
3. Use Hashtag Generator Tools
While the above two steps are highly time-consuming and tedious, they are the organic ways to identify hashtags for your TikTok account. There is also the fastest way to find relevant hashtags on TikTok for your content. There are TikTok Hashtag finder tools on the internet that are for free that can help you identify the most relevant hashtags within a few seconds. It may be a fast process, but it is an organic way to find relevant hashtags for your brand since it entails choosing the right keywords that fit into your business profile.
You only have to input the topic name or a niche hashtag you already know, and you can find a long list of new hashtags relevant to your content. Next, copy and paste these hashtags into our TikTok content. Here’s an example below of the hashtags found for #socialmediamarketing
If you want a longer list, you can use the hashtags provided in the result list and keep searching again in the same way. This way, you can find more hashtags under your niche, which you can just copy and paste to your content caption.
4. Create your Branded Hashtag
Using popular hashtags is dedicated to increasing more visibility for your content. However, if you want to take your TikTok marketing strategy to the next level, you need to create your branded hashtag. Your hashtag will help you stand out in the noise and mark a more prominent presence in the community.
You can create a new hashtag for a marketing campaign and use that hashtag for all the content you post. Here you can track the campaign results by looking at the posts under your hashtag. If you are launching a hashtag for an upcoming launch in your business, it will also help to generate buzz around it within the audience. You can post a series of content with episodes demonstrating the product, behind the scenes, manufacturing processes, and its other elements under your hashtag.
Next, you can ask your consumers to create content under your hashtag. Not only will this help you gain a broader reach to your content, but it will also generate more user-generated content, which you can leverage to your advantage when you are running low on content ideas.
Let’s check out some tips to make your hashtag more popular:
- Create one hashtag instead of a bunch. Users may not likely copy-paste hashtags. A single hashtag is easy to memorize and note down in the captions for the users.
- Your hashtag cannot be any random word that comes into your mind. It should always be relevant to your campaign, product, or business.
- Create hashtags with simpler spellings and avoid punctuations in the hashtag, as it will be easy to remember and type without the need to copy-paste.
- The hashtag should be self-explanatory and should demonstrate the main mutton of the campaign or the product you are creating the hashtag for.
- Create new hashtags for new campaigns. This will help you track the results of the campaigns correctly.
How to Use Hashtags on TikTok
Now that we know the importance of using hashtags and finding and creating the right hashtags for your TikTok account let’s understand the different ways to use your hashtags strategically to gain the maximum following numbers and reach for your content.
1. Combine Trending, Popular, and Niche Hashtags
- Niche hashtags are the ones that are only focused on targeting your niche audiences and not outside of it. It is more focused on boosting conversion rates and engagement rates, better than any other type of hashtags.
- Popular or Trending hashtags are the ones that may be outside your niche and targets a broader population of audiences. However, the competition may get higher considering the diversity in content under this hashtag.
Thus, it is always best to mix your hashtags and add them into your captions to get the best of both keywords, visibility, and conversion rates. Here it will not limit your content to the target audiences but will also show your content to the other audiences too, which increases your chances of being followed by people outside your niche!
2. Start a TikTok Challenge or Competition
Another reason why you can create your hashtag is to start a TikTok challenge or competition. It is an incredible way to boost your reach in no time. While the popular hashtags may get you a certain amount of exposure, they are not adequate if you are willing to make it big on the platform.
That is why you can launch a new hashtag challenge or competition wherein you encourage users to create content and tag your branded hashtag in the caption or the comments section. Hashtag challenges are the prime way to get higher visibility in the TikTok marketing journey because you can find millions of users grooving on your challenge and posting about it.
It will also generate more user-generated content, which you can repost and contribute to your engagement rates. Users love to get recognized, and a single report from a reputed brand can make their day! Seal the deal by reposting the most famous content under your hashtag, and this will fetch you an incredible boost in the brand reputation and build trust within consumers.
3. Keep Captions Short and Leave Space for Hashtags
Tiktok has a limitation to only 100 characters per post. To boost your content, you need to include both the caption and the hashtags within the 100 characters and make it sensible enough for the user to read and interact.
An ideal hashtag can range anywhere from three to eight characters or more. However, it is vital to keep the shorter ones and increase the number of hashtags in your content. Ideally, you want to include at least 10-30 hashtags on each post. The sky’s the limit here!
4. Add Hashtags to Comments
If there is not enough space for hashtags on your caption, you can move them to the Comments section. Adding hashtags to the comment is slightly less effective than adding it in the caption but does a decent job in boosting your content visibility across the platform.
However, don’t just go overboard and add any hashtag in your comment section. Try to post only the most relevant ones and keep the count hashtag count shorter in the comment section. You don’t want to overshadow your follower’s comments with your comments on hashtags. Posting hashtags on the Comments section will help spread the word about your account, boost your TikTok presence, and gain more followers, eventually turning them into your loyal customers.
Using hashtags strategically can be a game-changer for your TikTok account. A good hashtag has the potential to grow your follower list from 10 to 1000 in no time. Thus, follow the Tiktok hashtags strategy we have provided and see how it will boost your visibility. After this, you can focus solely on content creation and create more engaging content to make the users hooked on your TikTok account!